What are my options if the defendant does not pay a court judgement voluntarily?

Updated: Apr 29

If the court ordered the other side to pay you, they have 30 days after receiving the Notice of Entry of Judgment to appeal, pay, or ask the court to cancel or correct the judgment.

You cannot take steps through the court to collect the judgment during this 30-day period of time. However, you can ask the other side to pay you the money voluntarily.

If they cannot afford to pay the judgment all at once, consider offering to accept installment payments. This is when you and the other side agree to a plan for the debtor to pay the debt in smaller portions over a set period of time.

If your claim was for possession of the property, ask the other side to return the property to you.

Take action, get started on JusticeDirect.com

JusticeDirect.com to Help You Write and Send a Demand Letter

Quest for Justice (Q4J)'s first product, JusticeDirect Demand Letter, will help people without lawyers draft and send a customized letter demanding payment, free of charge. Rather than use a generic sample demand letter or a template, JusticeDirect will guide users step-by-step to prepare and send, via USPS Certified Mail, a professional and personalized demand letter. The system helps users avoid common mistakes that often delay justice. Whether you are owed money or you are not happy with services or goods you already paid for, sending a detailed and professional demand letter is the first step to being taken seriously in the legal process and getting the justice you deserve. A simple, fast, and effective way to get your money back.

Other helpful sources:

0 views0 comments